Monday, February 28, 2011

Love is a River

This song is somewhat of a jam-sesh. I wrote it yesterday afternoon after tiring of reading my business associations textbook. Whenever there's musical inspiration, I like to run with it and finish my homework later. :) Please excuse the choppy cuts here and there--I kept forgetting the words (and chords) since I was still kind of making it up as I went. Here are the lyrics...


Love is a river

Love is a fire

How can this be?


It flows the deepest

It burns the brightest

in every part of me.


What will happen

When I find a way to set it free

Let it be?


It will light the night

It will drown the fight

It will set the captive free


It will start a blaze

In these trepid days

one the blind can't help but see


And believe


Love is a passion

brought forth from ashen

things been burned away


Love is a feeling

the power of healing

washes over me each day


What will happen

when I meet you face to face

All fear will flee away


Where Hatred, Anger, Darkness linger

Love will battle through and renew



No comments:

Post a Comment